Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Visceral Response


This photograph is stupefying to me because it represents one of my favorite movies. In the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Shire is my absolute favorite location. I instantly feel a sense of excitement, happiness, and peace when looking at this photo. It also reminds me of my dad, who shares the same love for the films as I do.

This photo would not have the same effect on me if it wasn't for the colors. The green is definitely the most prominent color in the photo, representing life and type of purity. The yellow paint breaks up the image and compliments the green perfectly, while the brown provides a nice border between the two.

The horizontal and vertical lines in the photo are not completely straight, which makes the photo seem all the more whimsical. Because this photo was taken on a angle, the lines (even though a little curved), all seem to be going in the same direction. I specifically love the lines on the wood because it not only adds texture, but it also provides a nice contrast between the softness of the grass and the roughness of the wood.

There are many shapes visible in the photo, all of which contribute to a very specific look. The small, round door is uniquely used to give a sense of fantasy. The triangle window on the door breaks up all the roundness going on and provides an inviting tone to the already welcoming image.

1 comment:

  1. I made my way into this blog, and i found myself smiling for no reason when looking at the picture. But I does remind me of adventures and excitement, because Bilbo and Frodo are either about to have the most amazing and hard adventure of their life, or they just got home from it and can finally relax. Either way, it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete